Thursday, August 28, 2008

A new word

"Extra" as defined by UrbanDictionary.com:

1. over the top; excessive, dramatic behavior; way too much
2. adjective/noun: anything excessive, unnecessary, uncalled for, inappropriate, out of place, etc.; basically anything that shouldn't be there or have been said
3. adjective: to behave in a way on occassion or consistantly in a way that is deemed unnecessary or inapropriate.

I learned this gem of a word from a co-worker. She was telling us that her daughter taught it to her during one of their conversations. She was explaining something to her daughter, and got a little too carried away in her discussion. Her daughter then said, "Mom, that's extra!"

I thought it was effective and to the point. I have since tried to incorporate it into my daily vocabulary. So now I am sharing this wonderful word with you.