Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mille Bornes is awesome!

For those of you who are on my email list for the Picture of the Month, you already know that I recently switched from a PC to a Mac. While I was flying back from Albany to Baltimore, I got out my MacBook Pro to type up the last PotM issue. The lady sitting next to me asked, "How do you like that thing?" I told her I loved it, and I really do.

I come from a gaming family. Some of the best family moments I can remember are when we were all playing some type of game. Plus, I think I just like games. So, when I got my new computer I was a little, emphasis on little, disappointed there weren't more games already loaded onto it. I've been looking online for a little while for some quality games to download and Monday night I found one.

Back in Hawaii I was introduced to a wonderful game I knew as "Creve!"... always said with a slightly annoyed French accent. The game is actually called Mille Bornes. The object is to play mile cards totalling 1000 miles while avoiding road hazards such as running out of gasoline, flat tires, accidents, and red lights. We had a blast in Hawaii, so I was excited to find a FREE version to download for my Mac called MacBornes. If you have a Mac you can download it from the website at http://www.timac.org/MacBornes/

Since downloading this nicely designed game I have been playing it almost non-stop. I'm excited to show it to my friends in Brooklyn this weekend, who actually are the ones who introduced it to me in Hawaii.

Creve!