Monday, September 26, 2011

Half Marathon!

After training all Summer long I finally achieved my goal of running a half marathon.  It was so much fun and I cannot wait to run another one!  A few things I learned while running are...
1. Take the GU they totally help, even when you don't think you need one at mile 9 come mile 10 you will kick yourself!
2.  Anywhere between 3-5 miles IS a short run!
3.  Get a good support network (the girls I ran with were so awesome and supportive!)
4.  ALWAYS carry toilet paper with you.... ummmm just trust me on this one!
5.  Drink lots of water you or else you will blow up like the state puff marshmallow!
6.  Anyone can learn to love running!!
Our pasta dinner before at Brick Oven!

The bus ride up

Trying to stay warm up at the top before the race!

DONE!!!  We have run over 100 miles together getting ready for this race!

Running sisters!

Our medals!

Can't wait for the next one!  I even finished 10 minutes under my goal time!