Monday, May 4, 2009

Icey Ice Addiction

I think one of the best parts about being new to a city is that you have no preconceived ideas about what is good or bad. When I got here I would just walk around and pick places that looked interesting to check out. Isn't that when you discover the best little secrets of a city?

During one of my explorations I visited this tiny shop around the block called "Icey Ice". They've taken the concept of shaved ice (not snow cones...) to a whole new level. Rather than using frozen water, they used frozen fruit juices. Let me tell you this stuff is amazing. I have been there almost once a week since I've been there. I am hooked on the banana icey ice with chocolate syrup and real bananas mixed in. I'm getting weak in the knees just writing about this.

On my last visit I discovered they have added more options to the menu. Oi! How did I miss this? I'm not too convinced the "Golden Flake" icey ice is such a good idea. Sweet corn? Seriously?

If anyone reading this ever comes to visit me, plan on a visit to my favorite sweets place.